1 box of Organic Annellini pasta – cooked as per instructions
1/3 cup of tricolour quinoa – cooked with 2/3 cup of water till light and fluffy
1 medium sized beetroot – cut into small quarters and roasted
1-2 cups of fresh baby Spinach
1/2 bunch of fresh kale – strip leaves off and massage with 1 tbsp of olive oil
1 cup of quartered pumpkin and roasted in oven
1 red capsicum – cut into pieces and roasted lightly in oven
6 cherry tomatoes – halved
1/4 cup of almond – roasted
- Line a tray and roast the beetroot, pumpkin and capsicum in a hot oven (200 deg C). Take the capsicum out after 10-12 mins, then the pumpkin after 15-20mins and lastly beetroot after 25 -30 mins. NOTE: these cooking times will vary dependant on the size of the pieces and the heat of oven.
- Cook the pasta as per directions and then drain and leave to cool.
- Cook the quinoa as per instructions. A good guide to follow is double the amount of water to quinoa. Bring it to the boil, then cover and let it cook under a very low heat for 15-20mins. Leave to stand.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems. Cut them into smaller pieces. Add 1-2 tbsps of olive oil and massage through until all the leaves are coated with oil. Place in a large serving platter.
- Cut up the tomatoes and sprinkle on kale.
- Once the vegetables are roasted take it out of oven and add to the salad.
- Put almonds on a small tray and put it in oven to roast on high heat for a few mins.
- Add quinoa, pasta and almonds to the salad.